Friday, March 1, 2013

bliss fix


I love to sew, cross-stitch, embroider, and crochet.  But if I had to pick just one, I'd pick crochet.  It's easy to pick up and put away; you don't have to have a craft room or studio, just a comfy place to sit and stitch :) And I like that I can make anything with just a hook and yarn.  I can make hats, scarves, socks, dresses, sweaters, blankets, etc.  As much as I love handwork, it's really only good for embellishing   As for sewing, I don't sew clothes (much), just quilts and the occasional pillow.  It is handy to have a machine for mending, but without a dedicated space (which I do not have), it's a pain to pull out.  Is it any wonder why I have so many unfinished projects?

Anyway, I love crochet.  I also love to thrift, and whenever I come across an afghan I count my lucky stars and head to the register.  I appreciate all the yarn (money) and time put into it, so I consider five bucks more than a bargain!  I found this lovely afghan and have loved having it on my bed.  I recently discovered a few places where the yarn was starting to unravel.  Mending this did not involve hefting a heavy machine.  It involved me sitting on my bed, with a hook in hand and a blanket on my lap.  And that, my friends, is bliss.

What's your favorite way to stitch?

1 comment:

Jen said...

You have such talent. I so admire that!