Tuesday, April 2, 2013

be prepared

[source]
My husband is the new Cubmaster, and my son will be starting scouts soon.  Which means I'd better get comfortable sewing on patches!  I came across this great tip/trick on Pinterest, and I thought I'd pass it along...  When sewing on your rank numbers, sew them together before sewing them onto the shirt.  I used a simple zig-zag stitch and a matching thread.  Do not put wrong/right sides together; lay the numbers side by side.  When it came time to sew the patches to the shirt, I found that using double sided tape worked the best to hold them in place while I sewed around the outside.  Just place a piece of tape on the wrong side of the badge before placing it on the shirt (or sash).

I have to admit, I thought throwing a few patches on would be super simple.  Let's just say that I have my work cut out for me!  I hope to get a little more comfortable with the process, because I've got years of scouting ahead of me.  I might just have my boys sew their own patches on by hand!  *B

No comments: